Trauma Recovery/EMDR Therapy
Millions of people experience some kind of trauma in their life. Unfortunately, it can be very difficult to overcome trauma on your own. Our Harmony Healing Center NJ team wants you to know that you don’t have to feel alone in this any longer. We have trauma recovery/EMDR therapy programs that can help you to move on with your life. We have helped many clients process the trauma they have experienced and create the life they want to have.
Dealing with Addiction and PTSD
Many of the people who have PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) also have an addiction. Sometimes, when someone experiences something traumatic, they turn to drugs or alcohol to handle the emotions related to that trauma. It can be tough to handle things such as a car accident, death of a loved one or assault.
We want you to know that you don’t have to deal with addiction and PTSD on your own. Are you feeling any of the following?
- Moderate to severe anxiety or stress
- Feelings of isolation or like you are the only one you can trust
- Being on edge constantly
- Feeling like you have to look over your shoulder
If you are having these types of feelings, you would likely benefit from trauma recovery. EMDR therapy is one treatment that is used in these programs. Reach out to our team and talk to us about getting started in this type of therapy.
EMDR Therapy Can Be Beneficial
Over the years, our Harmony Healing Center team has helped many clients overcome trauma. One service we offer that has helped our clients with this process is EMDR therapy. There are so many ways that this type of therapy is beneficial. Some ways that EMDR therapy might help you include:
- Helping you to deal with what happened
- Teaching you that while you can’t change the past, you can change how you react to it
- Recognizing triggers and learning how to deal with them
- Realizing that you aren’t alone (others get what you are going through and can empathize with you)
- Knowing there are tools and resources that can help you to move past the traumatic event
- Realizing that each time you have an emotion tied to the event that doesn’t have to bring you back to that moment
These are just some of the numerous ways that EMDR therapy could benefit you. If you are ready to move past the trauma, let our team know today.
EMDR Therapy Does Work
Are you unsure of whether EMDR therapy will help you to overcome trauma or PTSD? If so, you might feel a little better if you were to understand how this process works. The process of EMDR therapy includes the following:
- Lights flash on the machine as the therapist brings you back to the memories of the trauma
- Using various techniques, your therapist will help bring you to how you are feeling when remembering the trauma (you will focus on what you feel and think)
- Use what you have learned to change how you relate feelings to the trauma to present situations
- Work regularly with your therapist to confront the trauma and learn how to create healthier thought processes in the present
- Creating healing and healthy coping skills
Do you struggle to overcome trauma? If so, you aren’t alone. Let our team help you with this today. We will talk with you about what happened and set you up with various treatments, such as EMDR therapy, that can help you to move past it.
Reasons to Receive EMDR Therapy
Most people who have experienced something traumatic aren’t sure what type of help they need. If this is the case for you, that is perfectly normal. Our team is here to help you figure out what treatments would be best to help you, personally, overcome the trauma you experienced. Some reasons why you might want to receive EMDR therapy include:
- Been using drugs or alcohol to cope with or hide feelings associate with the trauma
- Diagnosed with PTSD but haven’t been able to overcome or manage it
- Used other treatments to relieve symptoms of PTSD, but haven’t moved forward in awhile
- Need to get additional support during your recovery from PTSD or an addiction
If you still don’t know whether EMDR therapy is the best treatment in your case, don’t hesitate to talk to someone here at Harmony Healing Center. We have experience in treating PTSD and other trauma-related issues and believe we can help you.
Start a Trauma Recovery Program Today
As noted above, there are many people who struggle to overcome trauma. We want you to know that you aren’t alone.
Contact us today to start a trauma recovery program. We can get you going with EMDR therapy very soon.
Get the help you or your loved one deserves.
Most Insurance Accepted
We work with most major insurance carriers and offer a range of options to fit your lifestyle and financial means