When someone struggles with addiction, oftentimes it is past behaviors and beliefs that cause them to be stuck in the addictive lifestyle. If you are ready to take the journey into recovery, it may be beneficial for you to seek out support from professionals who understand what you are going through. Here at Harmony Healing Center NJ, we have a team of professionals who can help you from day 1 of your recovery and on forward, as well. One service we offer is cognitive behavioral therapy.
CBT and Addiction
Are you struggling with an addictive lifestyle? It could be drugs or alcohol that you can’t seem to quit. You might also have PTSD, anxiety, depression or another mental health disorder. When these things combine, it is known as a co-occurring disorder. Whether you have this disorder or just either an addiction or mental health disorder, cognitive behavioral therapy can benefit you.
Studies show that people who attend cognitive behavioral therapy throughout their recovery have a better chance of preventing relapse and doing better in their recovery than those who don’t participate in CBT.
Some benefits of using CBT in addiction treatments include the following:
- Improving general mental and physical health
- Learning how to use certain tools and resources to make healthier lifestyle decisions
- Figuring out how to change negative thought patterns into positive ones
- Changing the way you think about different aspects of your life
- Learning what you can and can’t control in life
- Learning how to cope with difficulties that you might face in recovery
These are just a few of the many benefits of cognitive behavioral therapy. Now that you have a better idea of how CBT can help during your recovery from addiction or a mental health disorder, you may want to contact us today. Our team can help you get started in recovery with CBT and other addiction treatments.
If you want to know even more about CBT, let us know when you reach out to us. Someone from our team will discuss this treatment with you. We can talk to you about the process of CBT and how it can change the way you think about various aspects of life.
Other Benefits of CBT
When you think about what lies ahead for you, what do you picture? Are you thinking about how happy you can be with your friends and family? Do you see yourself successful in a new job now that you’re not drinking or doing drugs? Do you see yourself achieving those life-long dreams that you have been scared of going for? If so, don’t let anything else hold you back. Cognitive behavioral therapy can be great for you. It can help you to see how your addictive lifestyle and behaviors have been stopping you from doing all of these things and more.
Some other benefits of CBT that you may want to know about include:
- Relieving anxiety and stress
- Allowing you to see that you should focus on you and not what other people think about you
- Recognizing your triggers, so you can lower your risk of relapsing
- Being able to finally focus on your goals and not what you think you should do based on others views of your life
- Acknowledging your role in past behaviors and learning how to do things differently now
- Learning how to handle things in healthy ways, instead of using alcohol or drugs
- Being able to set healthy and achievable goals
- Tearing down self-destructive behaviors and building yourself up instead
From this list, you can see how cognitive behavioral therapy can help you significantly. It can take time for you to gain all these benefits. However, if you commit to working on yourself and your recovery during the CBT sessions, you can start seeing some benefits very soon.
If you still aren’t sure if cognitive behavioral therapy is right for you, talk to a member of our team. We can assure you that if you don’t think this is the best treatment, there are others that may be better in your case.
Start CBT at Harmony Healing Center NJ Today
If you are struggling to overcome addiction or a mental health disorder, one of the treatments that can help you is cognitive behavioral therapy. Here at Harmony Healing Center NJ, our team can help you to begin your first steps into recovery. Once you get going, whether that be with cognitive behavioral therapy or other recovery services, you can see how positive your life can become without drugs or alcohol.
Contact us today to talk more about cognitive behavioral therapy and other addiction treatment services. If you are ready, a member of the Harmony Healing Center team can enroll you in a treatment program right away.
Most Insurance Accepted
We work with most major insurance carriers and offer a range of options to fit your lifestyle and financial means
Contact Us For Help Today
We Have A Program to Fit Your Lifestyle
Are you ready to turn the page and begin a new chapter in your story? We have the tools you need to transform your life. Let’s talk about what’s next.