12 Step Facilitation Therapy
Millions of people struggle with an addictive lifestyle due to genetics, trauma and numerous other issues. However, our team here at Harmony Healing Center NJ, knows there are treatments that can help you to overcome any addiction you have. If you are having a difficult time getting clean and into recovery, we believe that 12 step facilitation therapy might be best for you.
What Exactly is 12 Step Facilitation Therapy?
If you are looking into various treatment options for overcoming addiction, you may have come across the 12 steps. There are many treatment centers that offer 12 step programs. Here at Harmony Healing Center, we have 12 step facilitation therapy. This is a service that helps you to engage in every part of your recovery. You will work through each of the 12 steps, one at a time. Throughout each step, you may be faced with obstacles. However, you will also have the tools and resources provided by our team to help you work through those obstacles and move forward even stronger.
Top Principles of 12 Step Facilitation Therapy
As part of your treatment program, it is important that you are following through with some healthy principles. If you attend 12 step facilitation therapy services, you will take part in some of the best recovery principles out there. These principles include:
- Participating in each part of your recovery and always engaging yourself fully (this allows you to commit and hold yourself accountable to staying clean and living a healthy lifestyle)
- Giving your will over to a higher power (this helps you to feel less alone in this journey)
- Accepting that you have a disease (the sooner you admit and accept this, the sooner you can move to the next stage of your recovery)
If you can stick to these principles during your recovery, you will have a much better chance at getting clean and staying focused on your recovery goals. We want you to know that you don’t have to do any of this on your own. Our Harmony Healing Center NJ team will be right there helping you each day of your treatment program.
Working Through the 12 Steps
Now that you have an idea of what principles you will be following throughout 12 step facilitation therapy, it may also be a good idea to get a heads up on what you will work on in the 12 steps. These things will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Making an admission that you are powerless over drugs or alcohol and that you haven’t been managing your life
- Believing that a higher power can help restore you to sanity
- Deciding to give your will and life over to your higher power as you understand him
- Creating a searching, fearless self-inventory
- Making an admission to God, to another person, and to yourself the exact nature of each of your wrongs as you remember them
- Being completely ready to have God remove your character defects
- Being humble while asking your higher power to take away your shortcomings
- Creating a list of all the people you have harmed and then being willing to make amends to all of these people
- Making amends directly to the people who you can, except when doing that would cause injury to those people or someone else in their life
- Continuing to create and add to your personal inventory
- When you are wrong, make sure you admit it right away
- Praying and meditating regularly to improve your conscious contact with your higher power
- Praying for the knowledge of his will for you and the power that you can carry it out
- Having a spiritual awakening and carrying that message to others who want to or need to overcome their addiction
- Continuing to practice the principles that were noted above
There are so many benefits of working through the 12 steps. Now that you have an idea of the things that you will be working on, you can be more prepared for the recovering journey ahead of you.
If you have more questions about how the 12 step facilitation therapy process works, don’t hesitate to let our team know. We would be happy to take the time and talk to you about this process.
Get Into 12 Step Facilitation Therapy at Harmony Healing Center Today
If you are struggling with an addiction, don’t wait another day to reach out for help. You do not have to feel alone in this battle any longer. Here at Harmony Healing Center NJ, our team is ready to support and guide you. We have many treatments that can help you along your journey, as well.
Contact us today to start 12 step facilitation therapy and other recovery services.
Get the help you or your loved one deserves.
Most Insurance Accepted
We work with most major insurance carriers and offer a range of options to fit your lifestyle and financial means